If you follow us on Twitter or Facebook, you may already know that we recently released our first theme to the official WordPress repository. It’s called Museum Core.
Museum Core is the product of over a year of development. A solid foundation built on responsive design, HTML5 and CSS3, with a theme options page that is secure and flexible. It also supports localization into any language you want. In less than a month, it’s already been downloaded more than 3,000 times.
Core marks the beginning of our shift in scope for Museum Themes. Rather than maintaining dozens of different themes independently, all themes, past and future, will become child themes of Core. Additionally, we’ll be using Core to build WordPress versions of our most popular and favorite Blogger templates — we’ve already released WordPress versions of Grandma’s Hat Box and dear Audrey, and more are on the way. Soon all our themes will be driven by the powerful Core framework, while maintaining the same level of customization options they currently offer.
Exciting things are coming in the next few months for Museum Themes. For now, here’s our promo video for Core and some more information about what it supports.
Here’s a list of some of the features in Museum Core:
- customizable sidebar (left or right)
- full posts or excerpts on main blog page and archive pages (excerpts support post thumbnails)
- customizable footer text (no hard-coded author credit)
- five typeface options for 3 different locations (headings, body and alternate) with an eye for international language support
- customizable link colors via an easy-to-use color-picker
- custom favicon
- optional support for Twitter hovercards
- responsive design that supports smaller screens and mobile
- supports all WordPress post formats with different layouts optimized for each
- internationalization support. Complete Polish translation in 1.0.9 courtesy of anemoone.
Tags: css3, free theme, GPL theme, HTML5, museum core, museum themes, theme options, wordpress, WordPress repository, wordpress theme